Saturday 5 May 2012

Mango Pudding Cake

original photo from Yummy.ph

mine's such a loser compared to theirs :P

I tried doing a recipe I saw on Yummy.ph's website, the Mango Pudding Cake.  It looks really good when I saw the picture. Mine didn't look like that at all! Unfair. :( I guess because I forgot to put sugar on the ramekins. Argh.

And they tasted like lemons, too! What the?!? I'll try this again without the lemon zest. :P

Serves 6 to 8 Prep Time 20 minutes, plus 1 hour cooling time Cooking Time about 30 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup sugar, plus additional for dusting
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 large eggs, separated (Click to see How to Separate an Egg)
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 cup fresh milk
  • 3 tablespoons mango puree
  • 1 mango, sliced thinly for garnish
Directions:

1 Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease six 3-inch ramekins and dust bottom and sides with sugar. Set aside.

2 Rub lemon zest into sugar, set aside.

3 With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed and add flour and salt. Mix until well combined. Pour in fresh milk, 1/3 cup at a time, then by hand, slowly add mango puree. Set aside.

4 Whip egg whites until it holds a soft peak. Gently fold egg whites into batter. Pour batter evenly among ramekins, making sure not to fill ramekins to the brim.

5 Bake bain marie with warm water for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool until ramekins can be picked up, about 45 minutes. Invert onto dessert plates and garnish with sliced mangoes.



8 comments:

  1. Tin , photoshopped ! hahahaha Just kidding Yummy mag ! :D So , who ate most of it ?! Here , let me taste one of that! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha what can I do, they have pros to do it. :P

      Delete
  2. well sometimes, the tastes wins over the presentation.... *wink*wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe salamat sa words of encouragement. :D

      Delete
  3. Try to extend the baking time medyo light yung color niya not yet color brown. BTW, I so admire you're courage for posting your actual experience. I don't have the guts to post my works kaya I prefer posting about restos. =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. It's a learning process for me :D

      Delete
  4. Nevermind about the looks and presentation. Taste is of all the most important when come to food. This mango pudding cake sounds very delicious.

    I love to see your mummy cooking and so here I am being your latest "stalker" :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pudding cake till looks damn tempting to me. :)

    ReplyDelete