Saw this on Giada's show and thought we could do this easily at home! The recipe actually calls for mascarpone but it's insanely expensive (or I'm just being cheap :P) so I used the good old cream cheese. This dip is good paired with anything - from chips to baked potato to bread!
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, finely chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature (I used cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with chips, on top of a baked potato or just with good old bread.