Saturday 12 May 2012

Chocolate Chip Blondies



I got this recipe from Taste of Home and I tweaked it a bit. I've been longing for several months to do the white version of brownies, thus they are called blondies. If there are brownies and blondies, why aren't there blackies?! :P

On to the topic, I'm not sure if the store I bought the chocolate chips got the name of the kind of chocolate chips I bought. The staff said it's Dinmark and I tried researching about it online but I can't find anything. The only thing I remembered was that the lady said this kind of chocolate chip is like the mozzarella of the cheeses, it melts and elastic when baked. If any of you guys know what's the real name of this kind of chocolate, please let me know! :D

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (I only used 1 cup)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted (I used margarine)
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt (opted this out)
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (I used Dinmark)




Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
  2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
  3. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.





4 comments:

  1. If not for my sore throat, I'd probably be craving for something similar to this right now ;)

    www.joeiandme.com
    Please LIKE my Facebook page also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sinful, you can have one if the sore throat's gone :D

      Delete
  2. Mozarella of cheeses ?! Maybe you buy that one coz you LOVE cheese ? lol Or maybe it's from Denmark ? But whatever ! You got that yummy blondies ! :D A slice or more , please ?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love both, Tita Lis! :P

    ReplyDelete