Tuesday 15 May 2012

Chocolate Brownie Muffins


I came across a recipe in Yummly - The Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Muffins which made me really curious.  Is it a muffin or is it a brownie? :D To find out, I thought of trying this recipe.  I thought of decorating the top with the almond slivers I had in my cupboard and instead of chocolate chips, I used white choco cubes. I was so excited I didn't know how to get started. I almost knocked over my kitchen utensils. Haha!

good old trusty silicone muffin cups
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup good quality baking cocoa (I used Bensdorp)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 cup butter (margarine melted)
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 11/4 cups sugar (I used half white and half brown) 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (I only used 1cup)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chip (I used white choco)
  • 1/2 cup walnuts (I used slivered almonds)
I chopped the whole block to these mini cubes
Directions:
  1. Set oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
  2. In a medium bowl combine cocoa and baking powder; mix to combine. Add in boiling water and mix well with a wooden spoon.
  3. Carefully pour in the melted butter and vanilla and mix well. Add in the sugar. Stir in eggs slowly. 
  4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour with salt. Add in the chocolate mixture; mix well to combine (batter will be a bit on the thin side).
  5. If using any add ons, you need to fold them in at the last minute. Make sure to coat your chocolate chips with flour so they won't settle on the bottom of the muffins.
  6. Using an ice cream scoop fill each of the muffin tins almost to the top. Add the almond slivers.
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are done, don't over bake! (might take a little longer, depending on how full the muffin tins are with the batter).


The verdict? Hmmm... It's rich and dense with gooey chocolate inside. The outer part of the muffin is crumbly and a bit crisp. You'd love this if you're into dark chocolate. If you like to sweeten your batter, make sure to use 1 1/4 cups of sugar.

58 comments:

  1. This looks really sinful and delicious dits. I have a sudden craving for chocolate just now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookmarked ko. para matry ko. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out, Michi!

      Delete
    2. hindi ko pa natry, naubusan ko nuts sa bahay.

      Delete
  3. Craving for one now sis! Looks super delish :) Love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Craving for one. I want them moist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this, i love to bake. I should try this recipe with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really yummy, can I have some? :)

    Mommy Maye (http://momayes.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow dark chocs! Very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the photos I thought it was cheese, butter pala.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to cook but I haven't tried baking yet since I don't have an oven. As soon as I get one, I will try this recipe. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice naman sis.mukha siyang masarap sis. i used to mold chocolates, pero now i dont have time. maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed baking I will try again to do cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks yummy, i love to bake also, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure I won't be able to go straight home after seeing your blog post. I have to go somewhere and have a chocolate brownie and coffee...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i will do this soon! i cant wait. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. this post made me drool... now im thinking of buying some chocolate brownie in the nearby bakery for dessert.. i hope i could also bake just like you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks yummy. Will try this one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nakakatakam yung post mo. penge. hehehe

    ~CorbyLove

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy! Chocolate brownie is always a bestseller!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this.. it looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, wow, wow! This look so delicious. Thanks for sharing us the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This made me crave for a muffin and cupcake!!! I am sooo hungry right now...
    I hope I get to learn baking just like you =) At the moment, I can only bake polymer clays... and not something else edible. haha!


    - The Joyful Crafter
    http://peachyalvarez.com
    http://thejoyfulcrafterph.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks luscious, sana matry ko one day thanks for the recipe i used to read Yummy mag!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow this looks delicious.. nakakagutom..

    http://khyutee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look so good, I think I gained a couple pounds just looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I am as kitchen savvy as you! I want to be your neighbor so I can just pass by uninvited when I smell something cooking in your kitchen. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm chocoholic and learning how to bake. So I might try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum, yum, yum! do you sell these? you should turn this into a business!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brownies! One of my favorites and I do love dark chocolate and almonds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. looks so yummy...now i'm craving for chocolate muffins...penge! hahaha
    ec dropping also

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'll definitely love this coz I heart dark chocolates so much! Now this makes me want to have a bite of your yummy brownies :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. They look so yummy! mmmmmm I want some brownies now!

    ReplyDelete
  32. this reminds me of the lunch that i have yet to eat. so yummy! arrest me for ogling. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow yummy treats. I'm sure my kids will love that. Just don't know when will be trying to bake this one.

    ReplyDelete
  34. drool! I'll have aslice please. thank you for sharing the recipe =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super wow! I wish I can make brownies like these!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That really looks super yummy.. makes me so tempted to make some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  37. ang nummy nummy naman ng cupcake saka muffins parang gusto ko tuloy kumain ng ganyan ngayon na heheh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. looks delish chocolate brownie muffins...perfect for my hot cup of coffee in the morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hala...nagutom ako dito sa chocolate muffins. sana makagawa ako nito

    ReplyDelete
  40. Muffins! Not good that I read this at 12AM *major cravings*
    Someday, ill be able to try baking din. (when we get a bigger home)

    or puwede din ba to sa microwave oven?

    ReplyDelete
  41. i will try this! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. looks delicious! How I wish I have an oven so I can do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've got the sweetest tooth and am now craving for some fudge brownies, choco muffin, or choco cake. Anything that's chocolatey, sweet, and gooey! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I hope I can bake! :( I like to try cooking and baking.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Recently I came across with a study that brown chocolate is good for the heart. I'm not in authority or knowledgeable about this, but your chocolate brownie muffins are rich with antioxidant like polyphenol which is good for the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  46. i'm getting this recipe and will try on the next weekend, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  47. how i wish i can learn to bake but just as my friend told me, i should need to buy the stuff needed for baking like oven ha ha ha. looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Drooling already. It looks yummy. Weakness ko to, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Definitely a brownie, in muffin form. :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  50. here's my confession: I don't know how to cook but sure wants to learn how. So, I'm also a harassed mom like you and I'm adding you up because looks like I can learn alot from you. Hope you add me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am not really a certified choco-holic but with your pics? waaaaaah I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Gusto ko yung moist inside and crispy outside :) looks successful!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am thinking what was the reason behind the blog Title "Harrased mom and ____"
    Anyway, those muffins looks so delicious.

    You may want to join:http://www.facebook.com/groups/374808269223736/

    ReplyDelete