Tuesday 14 February 2012

French Breakfast on Love Day

Happy Valentine's everyone! :) Since it's Valentine's, I wanted to prepare special meals all throughout the day. I'm not so sure if we will be going out tonight, though. :/ But anyway, for starters I made Potatoes Au Gratin.  It's my first time to make this dish and I'm excited as to how it will turn out. I hope the whole gang would love it. 

Ingredients:
  • 4 whole Russet Potatoes, washed and scrubbed
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup mozzarella
  • ground pepper and rosemary



Directions:
  1. Prepare baking dish by greasing it up. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
  2. Clean and scrub potatoes. Slice them about 1/4" and cut into fourths.
  3. In a bowl, whisk milk, cream, flour, garlic powder, rosemary and pepper.
  4. With the greased up baking dish, arrange 1/2 of the potatoes at the bottom and pour about half of the mixture. Repeat until potatoes and cream mixture are both used up. Top with half of the cheddar cheese.
  5. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
  6. Remove foil and top with remaining cheese (mozzarella and cheddar) and bake for another 15 minutes or until potatoes turn brown and mixture is bubbly.
Have a hearty breakfast, everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. Me want some of that !!!! ;D Love the generous cheese topping ! Yummmmmm !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy V day. I wish I could cook as often (and as good) as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mrs. A. :) I'm not really good, trial and error lang. haha

    ReplyDelete